Wednesday 12 December 2007

Foreword

During my revision for the Dec ACCA exams, I came across an article in Wikipedia about the holocaust of the Jews and other minority ethnics during the World War II. The details of the article drawn me to know more about the cruelty and hopelessness of those who are destined to be exterminated, in light of the radical movement of Adolf Hitler in creating the "perfect" race and community.

"Why do this project?" A question I asked myself instantaneously. Why departing back to the past, a past that I am not born into, at an era that not even my parents existed? hmm.. I believe that this little endeavour will help me in learning about the human race, its horrendous past, and also serves as a valuable lesson in appreciating the fragility & stubborn sustenance of life.

Lastly, I hope that this simple project will commemorate those who lived their last days courageously in hell on earth. May their souls rest in peace in the everlasting arms of God.



Most sincerely,
Victor Tan






"Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart."
-Anne Frank
(A German-born Jewish girl who died of Typhus in the Bergen-Belsen concentration camp)

No comments: